Saturday, January 29, 2011

buongiorno?

I guess the jet lag caught up with me today.  Casey and I found ourselves waking up at, drumroll…. 15:00.  Yes, 3 in the afternoon.  Unfortunately, I also have a little cold so the Nyquil I took last night did its job and hopefully I’ll feel better soon! 

  
Mercato Centrale

Orientation yesterday was miserable!  Not to mention we probably stayed up a little too late the night before.  After orientation, we set out to find Billa- the supermarket of all supermarkets.  It’s the closest thing to Walmart in Italy except still only the size of Walgreens.  Italians shop everyday for fresh foods.  We don’t even have a pantry to keep all of our food in.  Luckily we are so close to the Mercato Centrale which has numerous stands full of fresh produce, meat (including whole pig heads, chickens, etc.), cheese, and wines/ olive oil! 


We went to the cutest café inside of the market where the barista was so friendly!  She even garnished my ciccolate with a heart!  Case and I made our first homemade meal last night- zucchini, onions, and sausage! Molto buono!  We then spent the night in our friends’ apartment looking up cheap flights and planning trips 


After finally rolling ourselves out of bed today, we went to Zara and H&M to do a little shopping.  Thousands of miles away and I still find myself running to the orange dresses for game day!  I bought a cream lacy dress and an orange slip to wear under to support the vols as well as a blank one for everyday purposes.  I also found a fur scarf the reminded me of Emma!



Our second trip to Grom!  We forgot to document the first time because the gelato was so delicious we couldn't stop eating it!
Buono sera! 


2 comments:

  1. please tell me you got the fur scarf!!! love and miss you tons! let's skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did! and i would love to skype soon!!

    ReplyDelete