Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What a beautiful day!

While walking home from my women characters class that was cancelled tonight, I couldn’t help but smile and think to myself how grateful I am to have 4 whole months to enjoy the accordion players on the streets and listen to the various beautiful accents as I walk past people having conversations.  I can’t imagine coming for only a summer, and I can’t believe that I have only been in Florence for a week and a half. 
Yesterday I had my first wine tasting class!  My teacher has so much energy and is fun to listen to.  His name is Donato but he told us to call him Donuts… Anyway he passed around a bottle of champagne so we could have a toast for our class and arrival in Florence.  Then we tasted two red and two white wines from the Liguria and Piemonte regions of Italy.  The class passed quickly and I can’t wait for next week’s class!
Casey had dinner ready by the time I walked back.  She cooked the ham I bought and chopped up some tomatoes and mozzarella! It was so good anddd we have plenty of left overs.


This morning Casey and I went on a run around the Arno!  It is starting to warm up in Florence and it felt great in the sun.  Italian class went well and Gina and I headed to Astor after for some coffee.  I met Taylor (my other roommate) there and some of her friends took us around town.  I changed out of my World Religions class and into a class on the Quarters of Florence.  Now my Mondays won’t be as long and I’ll learn more about Florence!  We will spend many of the classes out looking at the historical landmarks rather than in a classroom so I am looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment